We’re there whenever you need us.
We’ll Remove Any Pain & Restore Your Beautiful Smile
Benefits Of Tooth Extraction
The benefits of tooth extraction depend on your reasons for having a tooth removed in the first place.
Prevent Recurrent Periodontal Infections
Periodontal infections are serious. Not only do they cause a lot of pain and distress, but they can also lead to damage to the surrounding bone tissue. Removing a problem tooth is often the only way to prevent recurrent infection and to allow the gum to heal.
Make Way For Mouth Reconstruction
A rotting, damaged or dead tooth can impact your oral hygiene and get in the way of new implants.
Prevent The Spread Of Rot
One rotting tooth can impact another and lead to severe issues across your entire mouth. Often it’s better to remove the problem tooth and eliminate the risk.
Toothache can be awful. Removing a bad tooth helps to relieve pain and allows you to live your life to the full.
Signs You Need A Tooth Extraction
There are several signs that you might need a tooth extraction.
- There’s not enough room in your mouth for the tooth to emerge
- A tooth is causing repeated gum infections (periodontitis)
- A tooth has been damaged beyond repair in an accident
- The tooth is decayed and causing you pain
- The tooth no longer provides you with a functioning biting surface
Sometimes you need a tooth extraction immediately. If you’re searching for an emergency tooth extraction near me, get in touch with Dental Care of Stamford for the help you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the FAQ we’ve received from our patients. Have additional questions or concerns, call us: 203-883-4433
Tooth extraction refers to the process of removing teeth from the mouth. Teeth sit in something called the alveolar bone. In an extraction, the dentist removes the root from the alveolar bone, bringing the crown and the rest of the tooth with it.
If you’re searching for “tooth extraction near me,” then you’ve come to the right place. Here at Dental Care of Stamford, we provide tooth extractions that help you get rid of problem teeth and restore your mouth to health.
People can have teeth extracted for all kinds of reasons.
- Impacted and infected wisdom teeth. Wisdom teeth are molar-like teeth that erupt at the back of the mouth, often in the lower jaw and, sometimes in the upper. Not all people have wisdom teeth: they are “vestibular,” meaning that they helped our ancestors in some way but are no longer essential for our survival (hence why you can have them out). Wisdom teeth, unfortunately, don’t always emerge properly. Sometimes there’s not enough space at the back of the mouth to house them, and they can push into the surrounding teeth, opening up pockets in the gum that get infected. Often, the only solution is to remove them to avoid repeat infections.
- Decayed teeth. Sometimes, teeth can decay to the point where they can no longer be saved — removing them allows the dentist to fit replacement teeth in the form of a denture or crown.
- Acid damage. Stomach acid can erode teeth down to the gum to the point where they do not provide an adequate biting surface.
- Dental trauma. Physical injury can damage the crown of the tooth (the part above the gum) to the point where the entire tooth needs to be removed and replaced.
The first part of the process is to provide a local anesthetic to ensure that the area is numbed, reducing the risk of discomfort. Then the dentist will cut away any gum or bone around the tooth to provide a large surface area for the forceps to grip onto. Next, they will use the forceps to rock the tooth backward and forwards until they release it from the bone.
It’s not uncommon for people to type things like “tooth extraction cost near me” into their favorite search engine. After all, you want to know much this stuff costs. Extractions, unlike some dental procedures, are relatively straightforward. The out-of-pocket expense isn’t as high as you might think. The average tooth removal cost runs in the range of $75 to $300 for non-surgical removals. Surgical removals that use general anesthesia cost between $150 and $600. The price depends on the nature of the extraction.
Why Choosing Dental Care of
Stamford is a Best Option for You
Finding the right dentist can be a challenge. Among other things, you want a dental expert who has extensive experience in their specialty, who will listen to you and will help you choose the right procedure. Dental Care Stamford prides itself on doing all of this and more. We strive to be the best dental experience you’ll ever have.
Opens 7 Days a Week
Nights & Weekends
Access to a Team of
Every Dental Specialist
Emergency Dental Care
Same Day Appointments
for 40+ years
Hulu & Netflix
Getting to Know the Area
About Stamford, CT
Stamford Connecticut is a bustling city on Long Island Sound with over 80 restaurants and clubs, and something to do at any time of day. With a current population of 129,775, the city is Connecticut’s third-largest and is a hotspot for diversity and fun.
This is the ideal destination for nature lovers, with top destinations in the area including:
As if all those outdoor opportunities weren’t enough to sell Stamford CT, this location has also earned a spot in the top 100 best places to live list. There are various reasons for this recommendation, from the ideal mix of countryside and city life to the variety of housing options on offer for individuals with a variety of needs. Whether you’re a single professional or a family of four; Stamford CT likely has something for you.
The prime location of Stamford CT also plays a part in its popularity, with New York nearby and Manhattan 30 miles away. This is the ideal destination for individuals who want the benefits of big-city commutes without the bustle and prices which come alongside that lifestyle.
As well as being an ideal location for commuting workers with the third busiest train station on the New Haven Line, Stamford CT provides plenty of jobs and opportunities in itself. Whether it’s the easy New York access or the stunning Stamford CT sights which catch your eye, then, you won’t regret considering settling in this area for the long-term.